Happy Valentine’s Day!
Nothing says I love you like Mostly-Raw Devilishly-Dark Chocolate Cake Truffles!
These quick and easy treats are absolutely delicious and decadent – prefect when you need to impress that special someone. Dark chocolate cake truffles are a surefire winner and they take practically no time at all to prep, but will absolutely delight all the senses!
For the Raw Cake Truffles:
1-1/2 cups walnuts, raw (6.1 ounces)
1-1/2 cup pecans, raw (6.1 ounces)
1 cup medjool dates (5.3 ounces plus 2 dates)
¾ cup raw cacao (2.9 ounces)
3 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Soak nuts for 2 hours, then drain.
- In food processor, blend all ingredients until it forms a smooth, rich ball.
- Shape into truffles, and refrigerate.
8 ounces dark chocolate, melted (the only non-raw ingredient)
1 cup unsweetened raw coconut, finely shredded
- Using a chocolate dipping tool, or similar, dip each chilled ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring that coat the ball completely, and then shake off all the excess chocolate.
- Immediately and gently roll the dipped ball into the coconut.
- Place on waxed paper to set.
- Chill the balls.
To serve, allow the balls to sit out for approximately 15 minutes, which will help develop the depth of rich flavor.
- Instead of coating the cake truffles in melted chocolate, roll them in raw cacao mixed with a touch of cayenne and/or cinnamon.
- Press the cake into a spring form pan and chill. Remove from the pan and coat with ganache. Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Press the cake into a spring form pan and chill. Remove from the pan and using a cookie cutter, cut into petite fours. Coat with ganache and/or a glaze, then top with vegan candy sprinkles.