Ho! Ho! Holiday Cookie Swap!
December 10th we had such a great time with our cookies making adventures!
Below are the photographic results of our holiday fun.
- Spiked Mocha Hot Chocolate (non-alcohol version will be also be served) – The quintessential beverage to imbibe along with your festive cookies. Avec or sans the Kahlua.
- Fruit Cake Cookies – This no-flour cookie (made with steel-cut oats) is packed with lots of macerated dried fruits, dark chocolate chips, and nut/seed butter. These delightful oatmeal cookies will have you looking up your chimney for the arrival of Santa Claus.
- Chocolate-dipped Coconut Cookies – (my original recipe which can be found in the cookbook, “The Main Street Vegan Academy”, page 214) – Stunning cookie that is both chewy and dense. It is all about the coconut with a dash of chocolate to excite your sweet tooth.
- Snowballs – (outside of my family, you might know them as Mexican Wedding Cookies) – This is a recipe that brings back childhood memories of the marathon baking nights with my Grandma Mary in preparation for Christmas. Chopped pecans and dough hand-rolled into balls, baked, then hot out of the oven, tossed into confectioner’s sugar. I just couldn’t get enough of these delights.
- Struffoli – Another of Grandma Mary’s cookies that were only created during the Holiday season. Typically soaked in honey, ours will have the honey swapped out for agave. They are stacked into the shape of a tree, which gave us kids the promise of Christmas morning and presents.
- Pizzeles – A Holiday classic. Quick, easy, and fun to make in a pizzelle machine, you might want to make a double batch because they are irresistible. You’ll learn some variations that can amp up this cookie recipe.
- Jewish Hamantaschen Cookies (inspired by a recipe www.thespruceeats.com/jewish-hamantaschen-cookies-recipe-1136141 – Typically filled with apricots and prunes, we are not only veganifying this recipe but also changing up the filling to a date and nut filling that is reminiscent of the Holiday Season.
Be sure to keep your eye out for my newsletter and get announcements for the next classes I’ll be having! Or visit my online store and purchase your spot now! 2019 is going taste amazing!